Fire Fighting in Canada

News
Alberta teen burned after cellphone catches fire

Rimbey, Alta. - An Alberta teenager was badly burned after his charging cellphone caught fire while he was sleeping.

May 15, 2015
By The Canadian Press

Carol Schultz said her 16-year-old son, Josh, was asleep in his basement bedroom of their home in Rimbey, about an hour and 45 minutes south of Edmonton, when he woke up screaming earlier this week.

She said his screams alerted the rest of the family, who ran to his room and found his bed in flames.

Schultz said her son had plugged his iPhone 5S into the wall and put it on a night stand beside his bed.

She says her son suffered third-degree burns on his right leg and right hand and burns to other parts of his body.

Advertisment

Schultz said her son has had the cellphone for about a year and hasn’t had any problems, adding the charging cord was in good shape.


Print this page

Related



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*