Dec. 30, 2014, Toronto - The Ontario Fire Marshal's office says it's too early to tell if a blaze that destroyed two upscale Toronto eateries is suspicious.
December 30, 2014 By The Canadian Press
That had been the designation announced by Toronto Fire in the Christmas Day blaze at a building housing Sotto Sotto Restaurant and Spuntini Ristorante and Bar in the city’s trendy Yorkville district.
But Peter Hamilton with the fire marshal says their investigation is still too preliminary to determine whether the blaze was suspicious or not.
The restaurants were closed at the time and the blaze caused more than a million dollars’ damage.
Hamilton says heavy equipment is being brought in to help their on-site investigation, which he says should take several days.
The restaurants were popular with celebrities during the Toronto International Film Festival.
Print this page