Fire Fighting in Canada

Headlines News
Blocked air intake leads to carbon monoxide scare

Dec. 13, 2013, Calgary – More than 30 people were forced from their homes in Calgary due to potentially deadly carbon monoxide.

December 13, 2013
By The Canadian Press

Dec. 13, 2013, Calgary – More than 30 people were forced from their homes in Calgary due to potentially deadly carbon monoxide.

Calgary firefighters say they were called to a condominium building Friday morning.

Firefighters measured carbon monoxide levels of up to 310 parts per million – three times higher than levels that are dangerous to human health.

The evacuees sat in Calgary Transit buses to keep warm as crews searched for the problem and ventilated the building to get rid of the odourless gas.

Advertisment

The source of the carbon monoxide was a fresh air intake on the roof that was plugged with ice.

One person was treated by paramedics.


Print this page

Related



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*