Fire Fighting in Canada

Headlines News
Christmas Eve fire leaves two adults homeless

Dec. 26, 2010, Glace Bay, N.S. - Margaret MacDonald and her husband Andrew are counting their blessings after one of their four dogs alerted them to a fire on Christmas Eve at their home in Glace Bay, N.S.

December 29, 2010
By The Canadian Press

Dec. 26, 2010, Glace Bay, N.S. – Margaret MacDonald and her husband Andrew are counting their blessings after one of their four dogs alerted them to a fire on Christmas Eve at their home in Glace Bay, N.S.

The couple lost everything they own in an electrical fire at their home at about 9 p.m. Friday.

They were both home when the fire started, but neither noticed any flames or smoke.

Margaret MacDonald says she was in an office off the kitchen when Roxy, the couple's boxer, popped to her feet, trotted off to the living room and alerted them to the fire.

Advertisment

The dogs are now being kept at a local kennel, except Roxy, who will be getting the royal treatment as she spends the next few days in a Sydney hotel.

A preliminary report by Cape Breton Regional Police indicates the fire was related to an electrical problem with Christmas lights at the home.