Fire Fighting in Canada

News
Cigarette blamed for Edmonton condo blaze

May 25, 2015, Edmonton - A massive condo fire in Edmonton that has left hundreds of people homeless and caused more than $16 million damage all started with one cigarette.

May 25, 2015
By The Canadian Press

Fire chief Ken Block says investigators blame the fire on “improperly disposed smoking material.”

The fire destroyed most of the four-storey condo complex in east Edmonton on Friday night.

Block says it’s “extremely fortunate” that nobody died.

He calls the fire “devastating” and “completely preventable.”

Advertisment

Residents are being allowed back into the condo complex starting today to look around and seize personal belongings.


Print this page

Related



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*