Classic Fire + Life Safety launches commercial fire prevention campaign
October 6, 2022 By FFIC Staff
Oct. 6, 2022, Toronto, London, Ont. – Classic Fire + Life Safety is kicking off a commercial fire prevention campaign this weekend to remind Canadians that non-residential fires can be prevented and better managed to help save lives, property, and livelihoods. The campaign coincides with the NFPA’s annual Fire Prevention Week, running Oct. 9 to 15. This year’s theme is Fire won’t wait. Plan your escape.
“Even with the Fire Code being widely enforced, we still see many businesses forgetting about the important role that they play in the fire safety of their businesses,” said Chris Berwick, vice president of service at Classic Fire + Life Safety, in a news . “We want to remind businesses to get into the fire prevention mind-set and ensure that they are doing the important daily checks and inspections that will keep their property, and the people in them, safe.”
Classic Fire + Life Safety will be focusing their messaging around these key themes:
- Keep doorways, corridors, and egress paths clear and unobstructed.
- Install and maintain clear signage for exit doors.
- Check the power to your fire alarm system and ensure there are no existing troubles on the panel.
- During winter weather, check fire pump rooms to ensure they are above freezing.
- Do not tamper with any fire system equipment such as smoke detectors, pull stations or fire extinguishers.
- Establish a Preventative Maintenance Program and make it a priority.
- Comply with all local Fire Code requirements.
Print this page