Dec. 1, 2008, Halifax - An off-campus residence for students at Dalhousie University in Halifax has been damaged by an early morning fire.
December 1, 2008 By The Canadian Press
The 112-unit Peter Green Hall had to be evacuated after a fire broke out
shortly before 5 a.m. in an apartment on the 13th floor of the 14-storey
Mike Meldrum, a spokesman for the Halifax Regional Fire Department, says the
fire was contained to the apartment, but three floors remain closed because of
smoke and water damage.
Fire officials aren't aware of any injuries but there were reports of three
residents going to hospital on their own.
Meldrum says the cause of the fire isn't known.
A website for Peter Green Hall identifies it as a residence for married
Dalhousie students and their families.
Print this page