Fire Fighting in Canada

Headlines News
Fire that destroyed historic P.E.I. beach lodge ruled accidental

April 26, 2013, Stanhope, P.E.I. – Investigators say a fire that destroyed a historic beach resort in Prince Edward Island was accidental.

April 26, 2013
By The Canadian Press

April 26, 2013, Stanhope, P.E.I. – Investigators say a fire that destroyed a historic beach resort in Prince Edward Island was accidental.

The Island fire marshal's office made the ruling today.

The fire on Tuesday at the Stanhope Beach Resort and Conference Centre levelled the main building and adjoining restaurant and conference hall, a cottage and damaged a fourth, adjacent structure.

Investigators say the blaze started in the main building, in a flower bed containing mulch and dried vegetation.

Advertisment

The press release offers advice to Islanders who might be using combustible mulch for landscaping, especially regarding smoking and wiring near such mulch.