Fire Fighting in Canada

Headlines News
Fumes from landfill fire could be toxic

Sept. 28, 2010, Iqaluit - Smoke from an ongoing fire at the Iqaluit landfill could be toxic and dangerous to at least some people, Nunavut's chief medical officer says. In a release issued late Monday, Dr. Isaac Sobol warned people in Iqaluit not to stay in any area where there is a distinct smell from the dump fire or its smoke. CBC News reports.

September 28, 2010
By CBC News

Sept. 28, 2010, Iqaluit – Smoke
from an ongoing fire at the Iqaluit landfill could be toxic and
dangerous to at least some people, Nunavut's chief medical officer says.
In a release issued late Monday, Dr. Isaac Sobol warned people in
Iqaluit not to stay in any area where there is a distinct smell from the
dump fire or its smoke. CBC News reports. | READ MORE