www.firefightingincanada.com

Headlines News
Gas leak causes explosion, fire

Feb. 28, 2008, Fort Frances, Ont. - A gas leak is being blamed for an early morning explosion and fire at a school in Fort Frances, Ont., west of Thunder Bay.

February 28, 2008
By The Canadian Press


Firefighters called to
J.W. Walker School just before 1 a.m. found the facility fully engulfed in flames.


Chief Gerry Armstrong says there are no injuries reported and the fire has been contained.


Armstrong says about 150 people were evacuated from the area as a precaution and are being sheltered at a community evacuation centre.


The evacuees from a two-block area were in two hotels, apartments buildings and private homes.


Print this page

Related



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*