Oct. 10, 2017, Cap-Chat, Que. - Quebec provincial police say a house fire that caused the death of a woman and her two young twins in the province's Gaspe region was likely caused by a cooking fire.
They say the investigation isn't complete but all the evidence suggests the fire was accidental.
A police spokesperson said the smoke detector in the building wasn't working.
Julie Lemieux, 37, and her one-year-old children were pronounced dead in hospital after the fire broke out in their home in Cap-Chat early Sunday morning.
A dozen neighbours were also briefly evacuated.
Cap-Chat is a small town located almost 500 kilometres northeast of Quebec City.
Fatal Quebec fire believed to be accidental
Winnipeg chief to address union complaintOct. 11, 2017, Winnipeg - A long-simmering backroom dispute between Winnipeg’s…
Embattled Amherstburg cop becomes full-time firefighterOct. 12, 2017, Amherstburg, Ont. - On the very day he…
Union alleges councillors are harassing fire chiefOct. 13, 2017, Sudbury, Ont. - The union for full-time firefighters…
Vancouver crews respond to boat blazeOct. 13, 2017, Vancouver - The Vancouver fire fepartment and the…
Emergency Services Leadership Seminar
October 24-25, 2017
IAFC VCOS Symposium in the Sun
November 9-12, 2017