By Canadian Firefighter
May 29, 2018, Oak Brook, Ill. - LiftMaster announced a call for nominations for its "Going Beyond the Call" contest, honouring one of its most valued customers, firefighters.
Firefighters must be nominated by members of their community by June 30, 2018 at www.liftmaster.com/firecontest to qualify.
LiftMaster will then review the nominations and identify 10 firefighter heroes as finalists. Finalists will be posted on LiftMaster's website in early August where voting will be open to the public to choose the final winner.
Nominating a firefighter and sharing why they deserve to be honoured gives consumers a chance to win a smartwatch for themselves and for the nominee too. Also, nominated firefighters will have the opportunity to win an upgrade to their fire station's bay doors from LiftMaster valued at up to $10,000 (USD).
"In an effort to support firefighters who are on the frontline every day, often performing beyond the call of duty, LiftMaster wanted to honour them and bring their safety to the forefront with our 'Going Beyond the Call' contest," said Jeff Klein, vice president and general manager of commercial access solutions at LiftMaster.
The winner of an upgraded fire station will include the following LiftMaster technology and safety solutions:
– Logic 5.0 Commercial Door Operator: includes advanced features including, MyQ Technology, which ensures secure monitoring and control of the operator with a smartphone, tablet or computer and provides emergency personnel with the ability to confirm door closure while en route or on-site.
– Light Curtain (LC-36A): when used with primary photo eyes, a set of Light Curtains provides an additional 36 inches of vertical coverage, optimal for detecting vehicle bumpers and truck ladders. Twenty-two infrared cross-beams form an invisible zone of coverage across the plane of the door to detect people, property and equipment. When any of the cross-beams are broken, the operator stops and reverses the door to prevent contact and/or injury.
– Red/Green Traffic Light: indicates when the door is fully open and it is safe to exit.
– Photo Eyes and other safety sensors: stop the door from closing when an obstruction is detected.
– Three-Button Station: allow personnel to open, close and stop the door quickly.
– Open Only Push Button: can be positioned anywhere in the apparatus bay, allowing personnel to react quickly when a call is received.
Visit here for contest rules.