Product detects up to seven gases
By Grant Cameron
Dräger Canada, an international leader in the fields of medical safety technology, has announced the release of a new multi-gas detector that can detect up to seven gases.
The X-am 8000 is now available in the Canadian and U.S. markets.
The detector can detect flammable and toxic gases, vapours and oxygen all at once and is applicable to a number of industries, including fire services, chemical, oil and gas, mining, shipping, pharmaceutical and water treatment.
Innovative signaling design and handy assistant functions ensure complete safety throughout the process.
“An accurately performed clearance measurement is one of the most important safety measures that helps to safeguard against accidents associated with toxic gases, vapours and hazardous substances,” said Larry Medina, product portfolio marketing manager, gas detection at Dräger. “Developed in close collaboration with more than 250 of our customers, the X-am 8000 has been carefully designed and optimized for practical use in the field. We’re proud to add the X-am 8000 to Dräger’s portfolio of best-in-class safety products.”
Benefits of the X-am 8000 include:
- Smaller, lighter device with easy-to-read colour screen which displays up to seven different gases.
- Compact product design can conveniently be used with just one hand.
- Mobile device can easily be converted to a fully functional area-monitoring device.
- Practical functionality that allows switching between pump and diffusion mode by user, saving energy and increasing the operating time of the device without requiring factory modification.
- Inductive charging which makes the system more durable and less vulnerable to water, dust and dirt, which may reduce maintenance needs and increase the lifespan of the device.
- Intuitive smart assistants for clearance measurement, leak detection and benzene-specific testing.