Fire Fighting in Canada

Headlines News
Two sent to hospital after cooking grease fire

Aug. 17, 2011, Denmark, N.S. - A couple was sent to hospital Tuesday after a fire broke out at a home in northern Nova Scotia.

August 17, 2011
By The Canadian Press

Aug. 17, 2011, Denmark, N.S. – A couple was sent to hospital Tuesday after a fire broke out at a home in northern Nova Scotia.

A fire official says at least one person was treated for smoke inhalation, while a man suffered minor burns to his hand from the blaze in Denmark.

It's believed the fire started from cooking grease.

Deputy Chief Ian MacDonald says the blaze was mostly contained to the home's kitchen.

Advertisment

Quick action by firefighters is being credited for saving the older home, which is located along Highway 326.

Crews were on the scene for about an hour and a half.


Print this page

Related



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*