Jan. 7, 2015, Regina - Investigators aren't sure yet if a Regina home where a fire killed a woman and a baby boy had a smoke alarm.
January 7, 2015 By The Canadian Press
Firefighters were called to a home just east of downtown early yesterday after a passerby saw flames and pulled the woman and child from the home.
Fifty-eight-year-old Marilyn Tanner and her one-year-old grandson, Alonzo Tanner, were pronounced dead in hospital.
Deputy fire chief Gerard Kay says a city bylaw states rental properties must have a hard-wired smoke alarm, but investigators haven’t found one yet.
The fire started from a pot left on the stove.
Print this page