Dec. 10, 2010, Calgary - A four-year-old boy is clinging to life in a Calgary hospital after he was pulled from a smoke-filled home.
December 10, 2010
By The Canadian Press
Firefighters say the boy's mother was on the top floor of the house when she smelled smoke and jumped from a window.
She frantically called 911 saying her son was still in the basement of the home.
Police and firefighters kicked in the door and were confronted by thick, choking smoke in the stairwell to the basement.
Firefighters knocked the flames back and rescued the boy.
He was taken to hospital in critical, life-threatening condition.
Print this page