By The Canadian Press
Oct. 10, 2017, Cap-Chat, Que. - Quebec provincial police say a house fire that caused the death of a woman and her two young twins in the province's Gaspe region was likely caused by a cooking fire.
They say the investigation isn't complete but all the evidence suggests the fire was accidental.
A police spokesperson said the smoke detector in the building wasn't working.
Julie Lemieux, 37, and her one-year-old children were pronounced dead in hospital after the fire broke out in their home in Cap-Chat early Sunday morning.
A dozen neighbours were also briefly evacuated.
Cap-Chat is a small town located almost 500 kilometres northeast of Quebec City.