Fire Fighting in Canada

Headlines News
Gas leak at Mississauga school sends 29 to hospital

Feb. 11, 2013, Mississauga, Ont. – More than two dozen people – mostly students – were taken to hospital following a gas leak at a Mississauga school.

February 11, 2013
By The Canadian Press

Feb. 11, 2013, Mississauga, Ont. – More than two dozen people – mostly students – were taken to hospital following a gas leak at a Mississauga school.

Paramedics responded to Allan A. Martin Senior Public School around 10:45 a.m. Monday and 28 students and one adult were sent to hospital.

Peel Paramedic Services says those taken to hospital had minor symptoms and were taken as a precaution.

Officials from Peel District School Board say it was nothing serious, and school resumed before noon after fire crews aired out the building.

Advertisment

Officials say a Bunsen burner tap that had been left open was the source of the leak.

School officials shut it down before fire crews arrived.


Print this page

Related



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*