Fire Fighting in Canada

Headlines News
Failed pipe casing sparked natural gas fire: SaskEnergy

Sept. 21, 2016, Prud'homme, Sask. - The failure of a steel casing pipe buried two metres below ground caused an explosion and spectacular fire at SaskEnergy subsidiary TransGas Ltd.’s Prud’homme natural gas storage facility two years ago.

September 21, 2016 
By The Star-Phoenix

An investigation determined that the fire, which burned for one week and shot flames 75 metres into the air, began on Oct. 11, 2014 when the pipe failed, allowing a large volume of gas to blow out a valve near the wellhead, where it ignited, SaskEnergy said in a news release. The Star Phoenix reports. | READ MORE

Print this page


Stories continue below