Aug. 7, 2015, Virden, Man. - At least one person is in hospital after two homes in Virden, Man., were destroyed by a fire that was sparked by a gas explosion.
One of the homes burst into flames just after 9:00 a.m. before the blaze spread to the neighbouring house.
RCMP say a homeowner was pulled from the fire before he was taken to hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
A firefighter was treated for heat exhaustion.
Some witnesses report hearing a loud bang before flames could be seen shooting high into the air.
A fire official says the explosion was caused by a gas leak.
August 7, 2015 By The Canadian Press
Print this page