Fire Fighting in Canada

Headlines News
Overheated laptop blamed for P.E.I. house fire

April 17, 2013, Montague, P.E.I. – An overheated laptop computer sitting on a bed is believed to have started a fire in P.E.I. that has left a mother and her two children homeless.

April 17, 2013
By The Canadian Press

April 17, 2013, Montague, P.E.I. – An overheated laptop computer sitting on a bed is believed to have started a fire in P.E.I. that has left a mother and her two children homeless.

RCMP say the fire started just before 6 a.m. at a residence in Montague.

Firefighters responded to a 9-1-1 call from 16 Parkman Ave.

The family of three escape uninjured.

Advertisment

Fire officials say the family was alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm.

The family is staying with relatives and is receiving help from the P.E.I. Red Cross.