Petzl debuting its premium rope rescue device — the MAESTRO— in Canada
March 30, 2020 By FFIC Staff
The MAESTRO, a premium rope rescue device for technical operations that was developed by Petzl, is making its Canadian debut.
The development of the MAESTRO, an intuitive and reliable mechanical belay device, expands Petzl’s rescue solution offerings. The device integrates a unidirectional progress capture pulley with a descender, which greatly maximizes efficiency and limits the amount of equipment and users needed to access and evacuate casualties in vertical or confined space environments. This all-in-one advantage is designed to make the transfer between raising and lowering simple and rapid. A high-efficient pulley on sealed ball bearings provides excellent hauling capability. Similar to the new I’D line, the Auto-lock system is automatically engaged when the handle is released without requiring any action from the user.
- A ‘95 percent efficiency’ progress capture pulley
- Efficiency and adaptability when switching between lowering and hauling
- Ergonomic control handle and integrated breaking features provide a comfortable range of friction control
- A string can be attached to the handle for overhead or remote operation
- Auto-lock feature locks the rope whenever the handle is released, and doesn’t require manipulation from the user
- Becket attachment point provides the ability to create a 5:1 mechanical advantage
- Intuitive rope loading with markings on device
- Large control handle that pulls away from the anchor point
MAESTRO S: The MAESTRO S is compatible with 10.5 to 11.5 mm ropes, can handle loads up to 550 lbs (250 kg) and carries an NFPA “T” rating.
MAESTRO L: The MAESTRO L is compatible with 12.5 to 13 mm ropes, can handle loads up to 617 lbs (280 kg) and carries an NFPA “G” rating.
The MAESTRO descender line became available for purchase in January.
Print this page