Waterous announces new pressure governor
By FFIC Staff
By FFIC Staff
Waterous launched a new Pressure Governor, which automatically regulates the discharge pressure at the level set by the operator within +/-2.5% of full-scale, providing more accurate control.
The Pressure Governor operates in one of two control modes, ‘PRESSURE’ or ‘RPM.’ Both modes provide steady pump discharge pressure by either controlling the engine speed or by holding a selected engine RPM. Discharge pressure or engine RPM do not vary when switching between modes.
The Pressure Governor is available in ruggedized push button or Vernier throttle models. Both are designed to be easily operated with gloved hands.
Product features include:
- Programmable preset, interlocks, units and alarm settings
- 300psi or 600psi discharge pressure sensors
- Programmable start in either RPM or pressure mode
- Ambient light detection for automatic adjustment of display intensity for day/night operation
- Red IDLE button returns engine to idle speed
- Recognition of no, low or changing water conditions with automatic engine control response
- Automatically limits increase of pressure at discharge when in Pressure Mode
- NFPA interlock signal LED indicators
- J1939 CAN bus engine information and control
- Programable high idle operation
- Automatic low hydrant pressure alarm (<20psi) is armed when connected to a pressurized water source
For more information on the Pressure Governor, visit: www.waterousco.com/accessories/pressure-governor.html