NFPA 1: Fire Code 2012
By Fire Fighting in Canada
Oct. 26, 2011 – Major changes in the 2012 NFPA 1: Fire Code help
protect jurisdictions with more powerful and comprehensive fire
protection requirements for fire alarm, sprinkler, and life-safety
issues. Adopted in jurisdictions throughout North America, this
integrated approach to fire code regulation and hazard management
contains extracts from and references to more than 130 NFPA codes and
standards to address the full range of fire protection and life safety
Major changes reflect important safety code updates. New requirements in this edition mandate:
* Sprinklers in all new buildings three or more stories in height
* CO detection in new residential occupancies reflecting the NFPA 101: Life Safety Code
* Floor fire protection for new non-sprinklered one- and two-family dwellings
* Two-way radio communication enhancement systems may be required by the AHJ per NFPA 72: National Fire Alarm and Signaling Code.
* And other changes that benefit building occupant safety
For more information, or to purchase this product, visit the Firehall Bookstore.