Fire Fighting in Canada

Headlines News
Tater Tots start blaze in Idaho firehouse

Dec. 27, 2007 - BOISE, Idaho - A fire station crew in Idaho might be a little embarrassed by the way some of the state's famous potatoes got fried.

December 27, 2007 
By The Canadian Press

Firefighters in Boise say they returned to Station 8 from a medical call on Christmas Eve to find an overheated pan of Tater Tots had melted and set some cabinets ablaze.They turned a hose on the kitchen and the fire was quickly extinguished, with no injuries.No damage estimate is available.The station house has a computerized safety system that is supposed to automatically turn off appliances when firefighters are called away.But investigators say the system apparently had not been activated.Assistant fire Chief Dave Hanneman says the three firefighters on duty might have forgotten to use it.

Print this page


Stories continue below