Emergency & disaster management
Emergency management roundtable discusses best practices and lessons learned
January 12, 2023
By FFIC Staff
Canadian Security, Fire Fighting in Canada’s companion brand, hosted an Emergency Management Roundtable in November 2022.
Sponsored by Base Camp Connect and Emergency Management Group, the session brought together Canadian experts in emergency management to discuss disaster mitigation, preparation, response and recovery.
The discussion covered topics like mental health in the profession, the lasting impacts of the pandemic, collaboration between departments, and much more.
The roundtable features one-on-one sessions and Q&A periods with industry leaders:
- Carolyn Salem, emergency management team lead with Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- Darryl Culley, president of Emergency Management Group
- Francis Raveneau, VP at Base Camp Connect
- Ian Foss, instructor of emergency management with Northern Alberta Institute of Technology
Read all about it, and watch one-on-one video interviews with the panelists here.
Print this page
- Northwest Territories gets a new fire marshal
- Owen Sound adds two firefighters, including department’s first woman